1/4/08

Completed Games of the Year

I thought it would be a good idea, really I took the idea from a fellow blogger friend of mine, to record a list of every game I completed during the course of the 2007 year. You will see the top list (Completed) is a compilation of all the games that I completed all the way. Some games are hard to designate a clear completion point, Picross for instance, but I considered it completed after beating over 300 puzzles since I got the game. In fact, that could be the game I have put the most hours into simply because there isn't a clear cut finishing point. On the other end of the spectrum I have games such as the Godfather: Blackhand Edition that I completed the story mode on but I have yet to become the Don of the City, the ultimate position in the game. So there are varying levels of completed on this list.

The second list is of all the games that I have yet to complete and will most likely move up to the Completed List for the year 2008. Some games I will not beat, maybe ever, because I simply wouldn't enjoy it (here's looking at you Splinter Cell, Madden, Call of Duty 2). Other games I simply will not be able to complete because I don't own the system they reside on (sorry Motorstorm).

It's also interesting to see the systems that I tend to play more often than others. If you couldn't tell by the systems I tend to post about the most, it should be pretty easy to tell the three major systems I play the most. And stay tuned for my Most Enjoyed Game of the Year award next week where I will rank my completed games in order of enjoyment.

Completed (No Order):


  1. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)

  2. Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)

  3. Excite Truck (Wii)

  4. Gears of War (Xbox 360)

  5. Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

  6. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

  7. Picross (DS)

  8. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

  9. Super Mario Strikers Charged (Wii)

  10. Red Steel (Wii)

  11. Super Mario Galaxy – 120 Stars (Wii)

  12. WiiPlay (Wii)

  13. Castlevania: DS (Not Julius Mode) (DS)

  14. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii)

  15. Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

  16. Wii Sports – Reached Professional Levels (Wii)

  17. Wario Ware (Wii)

  18. Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii)

  19. Baten Kaitos (Gamecube)

  20. Gunstar Heroes (Genesis)


Partially Completed (Most completed first, least completed last):

  1. Zack and Wiki (Wii)

  2. Ninja Gaiden (NES)

  3. Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360)

  4. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Gamecube)

  5. Contra 4 (DS)

  6. Elebits (Wii)

  7. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)

  8. Punch Out! (NES)

  9. Bioshock (Xbox 360)

  10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)

  11. Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels (NES)

  12. Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

  13. Guitar Hero III (Wii)

  14. MotorStorm (PS3)

  15. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Wii)

  16. Tiger Woods ’07 (Wii)

  17. Golden Axe (Genesis)

  18. Bonk’s Adventure (TG16)

  19. Madden ’07 (Wii)

  20. Splinter Cell (Xbox 360)

  21. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Xbox 360)

  22. Call of Duty 2 (Wii)

  23. Big Brain Academy (Wii)


Things to note about these lists: Some of the games on the Not Completed List are games I have beaten in the past. In some cases maybe multiple times (Metroid Prime 2, Perfect Dark). Also there are tons of games I got to play in demo form through download or kiosk that didn't make the list. I only put games on the list that I had at least an hour or more to experience; and it was usually far more time than that.

1 comments:

Travis Hendricks said...

Well thank you very much. I checked out your site, via Google Translate, and saved it as a favorite.