7/27/07

Call of Duty 4 on the DS, Potential Greatness

Well it took me a while to get back to my topic about good DS games at E3, since I have been playing Mario Strikers since Wednesday, but I would like to inform everyone of the greatness that could be Call of Duty 4 for the Nintendo DS. There is a great video and interview over at IGN if you want to read up a little more about it. The main thing getting me excited for the game are the graphics and the controls. The game controls very similarly to Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS and the graphics, for a system with lower specs, looks fantastic. There are huge 3-D environments and great looking explosions. The most impressive thing about this game is the massive amount of action happening on the screen at any one time. At one time in the trailer there is a helicopter getting shot down and you really feel immersed in the game, and it's just a trailer.

One reason I am so impressed from one trailer and interview about a game is the fact that I trust the development team. The team making this game is the team that made Geist for the Nintendo Gamecube, n-space. That game's single player was only ok mostly because the team couldn't decide if it should be an FPA (Metroid Prime, Bio Shock) or an FPS (Goldeneye, Halo). The game controlled like a dream and the multiplayer was fantasic. I know Call of Duty will be more of an action game, the best elements from Geist, based on the way the series has been treated in the past. So n-space can concentrate on the things that matter most, war killing gun shooting action.

0 comments: