7/6/07

E3 Predictions

There's always some big announcements at E3 and there are always all sorts of rumors to build up to the show. So I simply cannot let this E3 go by without me shooting you some of my rumors and predictions.


  • DVD-enabled Wii will be announced and will be released before the end of this year.

  • There will be no price drops from either Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo anounced during the show.

  • Square-Enix makes an announcement that Final Fantasy will make it's way to Xbox 360

  • Nintendo will launch a new Wii Channel during the show.

  • Metal Gear Solid 4 will make it through the entire show with no announcement for an Xbox 360 version, because there isn't going to be one (at least not before '09).

  • Sony announces plans for new hard drive only PSP2.

  • Mario Kart Wii will be announced for an '08 release.

  • The ICO team will demonstrate their new epic project, dragons will be involved.

  • Peter Molyneux demonstrate Fable 2 and it will be an incredible presentation. We'll see if the final game turns out any good.

2 comments:

JJ Hendricks said...

I guess technically you are still right about the price drop prediction since Sony dropped the price before E3 and your post said during E3.

I will be interested to see if the Final Fantasy one comes true before MGS4. I would have predicted opposite.

Travis Hendricks said...

I am basing that on the fact that Square-Enix would make a huge difference in the Japanese market, somewhere Xbox is struggling, and I could see them putting loads of money on that before they would on MGS. I think they would be ok saving some money and getting the typical 5 month late release that they received with the other MGS games. Time will tell.