7/19/07

Miyamoto Differs In Developement Process

Over at Wired News, there's a great interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, the Nintendo King and creator of Mario, Zelda, and pretty much everything else the company has created. There was one point of the interview that I found to be of particular interest:

Wired News: Have you played Guitar Hero or Rock Band?
Shigeru Miyamoto: I haven't played them very much. And of course, I play guitar myself. And I find that when I have played them, I want something more complicated, because I know how to play the guitar. But I do think that those games feel very good, because once you start playing those games and getting into the rhythm it feels very good indeed. Really, because we're still working on Wii Music, I try not to pay too much attention to other music games because I don't want to be influenced by them.

Miyamoto has such a different developing style than everyone else in the industry because he can honestly care less about comparing his projects to others. He creates games to be the way he wants them and how he feels the gamer will have the most fun. There's a reason everyone loves Miyamoto, and that's because without him and others like him to innovate in the industry it slowly hits a decline of interest. Everyone tries to out-do the competition rather than create something no one else has ever seen. Here's looking at you Hollywood.

0 comments: