1/9/08

Pikmin and Olimar Playable in Smash Bros. Brawl

Wow...wow...wow Sakurai. Olimar and his cute little Pikmin friends are joining the Smash Brothers Brawl lineup? That is totally awesome. What I really question now is whether there will be any secrets left to unlock when we actually buy this game?


Today the Smash Bros Dojo, the daily blog releasing Brawl information, released another little nugget of information. Pikmin will be joining the foray in more ways than one. Not only is Olimar, and his little Pikmin, playable characters in the game but their music is available (at least the World Map theme) to select during a Brawl match. I would imagine this must mean there will be a Pikmin themed stage in the works as well but it is yet to be confirmed. We are also patiently awaiting the moveset and Final Smash of Olimar. Until then you can wait the remaining 4 weeks or so until the game is released here in the States knowing you will be able to bombard your rivals with different-colored Pikmin. This could be a tough 4 weeks. Good thing Contra IV and Endless Ocean will be here to help pass the time.

2 comments:

JJ Hendricks said...

This is great to hear. I know who I am fighting with in my very first battle. I'll be throwing so many fat purple Pikmin that people will think it is raining. Thanks for letting us know.

Travis Hendricks said...

I am wondering if there is a difference in throwing different Pikmin. Or maybe the different colors will be different directions and attacks. I also wonder if the potions from Pikmin 2 will make an appearance. I would think they'd have to considering the small number of attacks Olimar has.