1/11/08

Most Enjoyed Games of the Year List

Over the course of the 2007 year there were multiple games that were worthy of my time. As you may have seen a few days back I listed out all the games that I completed during the course of the year. The games on the Completed List were in no particular order but this time they are in order of my most enjoyed games of those I completed. There were a few games on the Not Completed List that I enjoyed a lot more than some of the games on the Completed List. Take Contra IV for instance, if I had beaten that game it would most likely be somewhere near Picross DS on the list. But since I didn't "complete" it I can't rank it on this list. Most games that were truly worthy of my time I found a way to complete but Contra wasn't released until late in the year, I didn't even get the game until four days before the New Year, so I couldn't complete it in time.

In the end, I would have to say that Super Mario Galaxy gave me the most fun experience this year. Does it help that the game was released in November and is fresh in my mind? Yes. But did you notice Gears of War resting at #2? That game was released in '06 and it still made it to the top. I've now beaten that game (co-op) three and a half times and once on every difficulty. Twilight Princess was mostly completed in '06 but the final boss wasn't defeated until '07. I would like to play through Metroid Prime 3 again but I'm struggling to find the time with Zack and Wiki, Contra IV, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and Guitar Hero III still on my plate and Endless Ocean (a very long term game) and Smash Bros Brawl coming out in the next month.

The best classic game I beat this year was surely Gunstar Heroes, you'll notice it was the only Virtual Console game I completed, but I am only a few hours away from beating Super Metroid so it lucked out on that rank. I had a blast with Excite Truck, mostly with friends over, and Metroid Prime Hunters I finally managed to beat the single player experience by March of '07. If you have MPH on your plate to complete the single player mode, I wouldn't recommend jumping it to the top of your list anytime soon. The multiplayer was great but the single player was seriously lacking.

So let me know what you think of my rankings and feel free to post your top games for '07 in the comments section so we can compare.


Best Games Completed This Year (Order of Fun Experienced)


  1. Super Mario Galaxy - 120 Stars (Wii)

  2. Gears of War (Xbox 360)

  3. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

  4. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)

  5. Picross (DS)

  6. Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

  7. Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

  8. Wii Sports - Reached Professional Levels (Wii)

  9. Gunstar Heroes (Genesis)

  10. Castlevania: DS (Not Julius Mode) (DS)

  11. Super Mario Strikers Charged (Wii)

  12. Red Steel (Wii)

  13. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii)

  14. Excite Truck (Wii)

  15. Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)

  16. Baten Kaitos (Gamecube)

  17. Wario Ware (Wii)

  18. Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii)

  19. WiiPlay (Wii)

0 comments: