5/26/08

Wedding Invitations

As you may or may not know by now, I am set to be married this August. I made it my responsibility to create the wedding invitations and pitch the idea to the loved one but I knew I had to make sure the initial mock was good enough or she may never go along with the idea. The idea was, of course, adding Mii characters to the invitations. Who doesn't love those cute little guys, gamer or not.

After many different alterations to the design itself, and a good chunk of time spent in Photoshop creating the character's outfits, below you will find the final piece.





We mailed them out a few days ago and so far we have had quite the wonderful response. Even grandparents and cousins who don't even know about the Wii thought they were cute. The key to using Miis on the invitations for us was that they still looked classy, hence the gown and tux.

So, what do you think?

6 comments:

mndrix said...

Nicely done! I assume this means that the entire Internet is invited to your wedding, right?

Travis Hendricks said...

Any one and every one can come. That is of course if they can find the address.

Thanks for the heads up.

JJ Hendricks said...

How did you combine the mii's with the tuxedo and dress? A how to post about this would be cool.

Travis Hendricks said...

I'll see if I can get a tutorial of sorts up to give you guys a general idea. I can say this, they were both pretty easy to get the general look, it was the tiny details that took some time.

Anonymous said...

i jus searched for ya on myspace but i didn't find ya. your on there arent you? that thangs tight man, i want to look you up and make it to the weddin.

Travis Hendricks said...

A friend of mine set me up with a myspace account once and then I never updated it once so they deleted my account. I guess they thought I had created a false account or something.