12/30/09

2009 Predictions: Right or Wrong

Seeing as how 2009 is nearing it's end I thought I would check back on some of my gaming predictions. See the actual predictions plus descriptions right here. Below you will see 5 things that I thought were likely to happen in 2009.


In the end I shot a 1/5. Compared to my 3.5/5 last year I pretty much sucked it up this year. That'll teach me to try and predict Nintendo's choices. They make so many decisions out of left field it's near impossible to tell what they're going to do.


1) PSP2 will be released this Holiday and will not have a UMD drive Right!

For the most part I nailed this one on the head. The system is not officially the PSP2, it's called the PSPGo, but it is certainly the next version of the PSP system. The system was also released a little bit before the "Holiday" window but October 1 (in America and Europe) is close enough to "Holiday" for me to count it.


2) A new Zelda for Wii will release in the holiday of 2008 Wrong!

Boy was I wrong on this one. Had I not specified Wii I would have gotten it right, but alas, I didn't. As it turns out there was a new DS Zelda game released and we now know the new Zelda might be shown at E3 in 2010. So the chances of it actually releasing in 2010 aren't necessarily too great.


3) Voice chat will be standard on all online-enabled Wii games released in November and December Wrong!

I specified that all Nintendo-released games with online would have voice chat but there weren't any games at all released by Nintendo on the Wii with online modes at all. So in that way I was right. But I think we can all agree that this would never have been true even if they did release any online games. I hate to say it but this is the biggest reason I now own an Xbox 360 now.


4) Again we will see a price drop for PS3 and Xbox 360 but not for Wii Wrong!

Nintendo was the last one of the three to drop the price but in the end, I was wrong. I also said there would be new Wii colors and bundles and there weren't (at least not in America).


5) A new Resident Evil and GTA will be released for the Wii in 2009 Wrong!

I said this was my least likely to actually happen and sure enough, I was right about that. There was not a traditional Resident Evil title or GTA games released for the Wii in 2009. And after the sales of GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS I seriously doubt we'll see one ever on another Nintendo system.

0 comments: